Saturday, March 06, 2010

I Will Not Be Broken

My dear mother bought me a Martha Stewart cookie cookbook. She was hoping to receive some delicious cookies as a result. I have high hopes for making this a reality.

This is a photo of my first attempt. Apricot Windows. Sounds delightful, doesn't it? Directions: spread incredibly expensive ingredients evenly in a 11X17 pan. Bake for a ridiculously long time. Pull them out and top with hard to find, expensive apricot filling. Pipe remaining dough in a lattice pattern on top and return to the oven for even longer. Well by the time they were done with round one in the oven, the bottom cookie was a cracker. Piping the dough on top was impossible. However, I was able express myself in the moment. Please don't miss the expletive written in dough.

I will not be broken by a Martha Stewart cookbook. I will not. I'm on to bigger and better recipes today. Crackle cookies and homemade fig bars. I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Martha Schmartha...!!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home