Saturday, January 02, 2010

The Perfect Kid

I can't believe what a good sport my kid is. He's willing to get up early and drive 4+ hours with his mother to spend the day doing things "you do with your mom." He picks a CD we can both stand to listen to. We stopped for Starbuck's and talked about social issues and government on the way.

We went to the Golden Gate bridge and walked out half way. I've always wanted to do that and never have until today. It was fun. Windy. Windy and fun.

He's patient while I snoop through the gift shop. He pretends to be interested in which magnet I pick out. He has done this countless numbers of times before. (See refrigetator evidence).

Then he acts excited about eating at a restaurant that I saw on Drive-ins, Diners, and Dives. He looked up the menu on line last night to see what he might want to order and iGoogle'd directions.

It's not all sunshine and field trips. He's 18. He has no job.

But as part of "2010: The Year of Gratitude" I'm going to focus on the positive. He's patient and kind. He's super creative and intelligent. He's incredibly funny. He loves his mother. I am going to take some of the credit for proper care and training. But mostly he chooses to be a really wonderful person.

And for that, I am grateful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Such a sweetie...I just love that boy! He reminds me so much of Seth...Seth would totally go to the city with me and humor me all day...and pretend to be interested in what I am. Such good boys God blessed us with... And Eric is such a handsome young man...I can't believe he's so grown. Where does the time go? Speaking of time...it's been way too much since we've visited...miss you.xox

4:26 PM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

you're in my city!

I'm back, btw. New Year's resolutions, ftw!!!

Glad you had fun with your kid.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

My son is like that, too. He will find his way, I am sure. My guy is 22 now and in college to become a math teacher.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home