Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Burned Out Buttons

My son has a cell phone. What teenager doesn't?

He bought said phone with his own money. This was back when he had a job. It wasn't cheap either. It was my contract, but the phone was his purchase. It's a 2 year contract. That was 1 year ago. He has totally burned up the buttons on this expensive phone. This gives you some idea of the amount of texting this boy can do.

Buttons? Gone.

So we head to our local ATT store to investigate a new device. We walk in and the perky lady comes trotting over to help us. "Cheapest device in the store WITHOUT a new contract? $150."

She lowers her voice and says, "but if you go to Best Buy, you can buy a ATT compatible phone for about $30. You didn't hear that from me."

Well, we were screeching into the Best Buy parking lot moments later since I was the one with the checkbook. Sure enough, Go Phone $29.99 and up. Of course we wanted the "and up" model, but still I saved a TON of money.

We bought the texting model. I'll let you know how long these buttons last.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Oh - it's like that movie Miracle on 34th Street.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home